Zappi 22kW 3phase Type 2 Tethered Solar EV Chargers can operate as a standard EV charger with optional charging modes to utilise 100% green energy generated from your Solar PV or wind generation. The Zappi is easy to install and user friendly. If you don’t have solar panels installed, the zappi will operate as a standard EV charger harnessing power from the grid.
Zappi Three Electric Car Charging Modes
- eco: this mode is a mixture of both green energy and energy imported from the grid. eco mode minimises the use of grid power and can charge using 100% green energy. The charging power is continuously adjusted in response to changes in generation or power being used elsewhere in the home. If the surplus generation drops below 1.4kw some power will be drawn from the grid to top it back up.
- eco+: charge power is continuously adjusted in response to changes in generation or power consumption elsewhere in the home. Your electric car charging will pause if there is too much-imported power, continuing only when there is surplus free power available.
- fast: in this mode, the vehicle will be charged at maximum power. This power can come from a renewable energy source or simply from the grid. The cost of charging an electric car also depends on numerous factors including mode and the car itself.
If you don’t have solar panels or wind generation, zappi will charge just like an ordinary Mode 3 charging point.
Zappi 22kW 3phase Type 2 Tethered Solar EV Charger Features
- Set Timers: at certain hours ‘time of use energy tariffs’ are significantly cheaper. With zappi, you can use the ‘boost timer’ option to start charging at times with the lowest rates. It’s a cost-saving charging alarm clock for your EV.
- No Earth Rod: zappi is the only EV charger with built-in PEN fault technology. It’s the safest choice for an electric car charger, eliminating the need to install additional earth rods means no extra costs & an easy install.
- PV Charging: zappi works in harmony with your Solar PV or wind generation, meaning you can charge your car using green energy for free. If you haven’t got a renewable energy source at home, zappi works just like any other charger in ‘fast mode’.
- Remote Access: the myenergi App and Hub allow you to access your devices from anywhere in the world! Visual graphs allow you to monitor your import/export information all in one place.
- Pincode Protected: a 5 digit pin code is a security feature integrated into this smart electric car charging point, should you wish to use it. It prevents people from changing your settings or using your solar EV charger without permission or tampering.
| Rated Power
|| 7kW (1-ph) or 22kW (3-ph)
| Rated Supply Voltage
|| 230V AC Single Phase or 400V AC 3-phase (+/- 10%)
| Supply Frequency
|| 50 Hz
| Rated Current
|| 32A max
| Standby Power Consumption
| Integral Earth Leakage Protection Integral
|| 30mA Type A RCD + 6mA DC protection (EN 62955)
| Economy Tariff Sense
|| Input 230V AC sensing (4.0kV isolated)
| Tethered Cable Length
|| 6.5 Meters
| Enclosure Dimensions
|| 439 × 282 × 122mm
| Protection Degree
|| IP65 (weatherproof)
| Enclosure Material
| Circuit Breaker
|| 32A Curve B
| Earthing Arrangement
|| TN: can be connected to the PME supply. Complies with BS 7671:2018-amd1:2020
|| LVD 2014/35/EU, EMC 2014/30/EU, EN 62196-2:2017, IEC 62955:2018, ROHS 2011/65/EU, CE Certified EN 61851-1:2019*
- -T variant is fully compliant with EN 61851-1:2019 – Zappi versions that do not have the -T suffix comply with EN 61851-1:2019 with the exception of Clause 8.4 in order to meet the requirements of BS 7671:2018 Amendment 1:2020 which requires the protective earth conductor to be switched in order to provide protection against a damaged PEN conductor in a TN-C-S earthed electrical system.
Each zappi EV charger comes with a 3-year warranty.